CORE & SHELL 15023
Retail Design Collaborative
Studio One Eleven
Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing Engineer
Studio One Eleven
The Lot Plaza | 1041 Formosa Avenue, West Hollywood, CA 90046
LEED® Building Design and Construction | Core & Shell v2009 – Gold Certification!
The project is a new ~110,000 square-foot office building located on The Lot at Santa Monica Boulevard and Formosa Avenue. It includes five (5) stories of core and shell office and roof deck over two (2) level of subterranean parking.
16.02 % Energy savings compared to ASHRAE 90.1-2007 baseline
79.79% Construction waste diverted from landfill
70.9% Potable water use reduction for irrigation
39.05% Potable water use reduction for water fixtures
The LEED Gold target was established early in the planning process. The design team was careful to consider the environmental impacts of building energy and water systems and future tenant fit outs. The project included several energy and water conservation strategies, as listed below.
- Project located within ½ mile of at least 10 basic services, for better community connectivity.
- Project located within ½ mile of 5 public and rapid bus lines, for better public transportation and access.
- Project is providing 10% of preferred parking spaces for Low-Emitting and Fuel-Efficient Vehicles.
Efficient Water Use
- Installed low-flow water fixtures and low-flush toilets reducing indoor water demand by 39.05%: this included 1.28 gpf water-closets, waterless urinals, 0.1 gpc metering faucets and 1.5 gpm showerheads.
- Landscape design included a drip irrigation system reducing irrigation demand by 70.9%.
Efficient Energy Use
- 16.02% Energy Savings compared to ASHRAE 90.1-2007 by installing high-efficiency HVAC, optimizing domestic hot water and envelope.
- Tenant submetering available.
- At least 70% of electricity use over a two-year period is offset through a green power purchase agreement.
Preservation of Materials and Resources
- The project diverted 79.79% construction waste from the landfill.
- At least 30% of the project materials contain 20% recycled content and were sourced and manufactured within 500 miles of the project site.
Enhanced Indoor Environmental Quality
- For occupant comfort, 100% of the regularly occupied spaces are provided with access to views.
- All interior adhesives, sealants, paints and coatings VOC content complies with local codes.
- All flooring systems provided are either FloorScore or CRI Green Label Plus.