Green Dinosaur Inc
$60,000 to $90,000 Starting Salary + Benefits
401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Green Dinosaur is searching for a sustainability analyst to join our team in the West Coast Market!
You are technical-minded with building science knowledge ready to grow in 3 key areas: Sustainability Consulting, Energy Modeling, and Site Verifications. You enjoy interfacing your diverse skill sets in the design and construction industry and making a positive difference in a mission-driven entrepreneurial culture.
You are passionate about the environment and are not afraid to challenge yourself and the status quo for continuous improvement and learning. You are a self-starter who is driven by excellence and can drive project teams to the finish line. You are generous in mentoring others knowing when one person grows on the team, everyone benefits.
This position is for our Culver City Office or San Diego Office.
What We Provide
- A small company culture with a large firm portfolio and a high potential for growth.
- A diverse group of like-minded individuals who are eager to share, learn and grow with one another.
- Hybrid work schedule and Flex Time policy.
- Sustainable Transportation Incentives.
- Pet-friendly work environment.
- Employee ownership potential.
- Company Paid Volunteering Hours.
- Continuing Education Reimbursement.
- Simple IRA with an annual matching contribution.
- Comprehensive benefits package (dental, life, medical, and vision)
- The base of 2+ weeks accrued Paid Time Off annually plus 10 days of regular holidays observed.
- Bachelor’s / Associate Degree in architecture and design, environmental science is required.
- Minimum of 5+ years experience in mechanical engineering, architecture/interior design, and environmental science.
- LEED AP in BD+C or LEED for Homes. 3-5 years of experience on projects seeking LEED, WELL, and/or Living Building Challenge (LBC) certification.
- Willingness to travel – Primarily within Southern California. Vehicle transportation, valid driverʼs license, and insurance required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as great graphic communication skills for putting together a presentation with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in Energy Pro 8 or IES energy modeling software in both T24 compliance model and LEED Energy Modeling uploads. Or- proficiency in modeling softwares such as Sketch Up and Revit, building large complex models.
- Technical knowledge on managing LEED, T24, CalGreen aspects of consulting services as the main point of client contact.
- Must be able to work proficiently with personnel from an array of professions and backgrounds, including building owners, operators, contractors, engineers, and architects.
- Ability to work independently and effectively close out projects while maintaining a high level of excellence and efficiency. Must be able to prioritize and plan efficiently to drive projects to meet milestones and deadlines.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel, Smartsheet, and G Suite.
- Effective in driving efficiency in turning work product around and creating work plans/projections, as well as being responsible for the financial health of the projects assigned.
- A strong team leader when it comes to working with external and internal teams, offering pertinent guildance and critical feedback to drive sustainblity goals, while bringing the team together towards a common goal.
- Ability to solve problems thinking on one’s feet quickly and effectively.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Proficient in assessing and winning projects, and capable of writing proposals.
- A track record of pertienet business development results.
- Experience in manging staff. Effective work delegation and QC other people’s work, providing critical feedback for team learning &improvement.
- Additional Sustainability related qualifications in addition to the above-required qualifications such as HER Rater, Green Rater, Certified Building Cx Professional, Certified Energy Analyst are a plus.
- Experience or interest in building commissioning a plus.
- A demonstrated successful track record on managing the overall economic well-being of the assigned projects including oversight/management of other involved disciplines and jr staff.
Instruction for application
Complete the application form at the link below and provide a resume, cover letter, and samples of work.
Equal Employment Opportunities
Green Dinosaur provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Green Dinosaur complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
About Green Dinosaur, Inc.
Green Dinosaur, Inc. was founded in 2007 on the premise of providing great people with exciting opportunities to affect change within the built environment. The firm offers full-service green building solutions including green building rating system consulting, energy analysis, commissioning, retro-commissioning, utility incentive program/ tax credit guidance, and engineering. The professionals at Green Dinosaur offer the broadest array of industry credentials and technical skill sets. The crew consists of Professional Engineers, Registered Architects, Certified Energy Managers, HERS Raters, Energy Analysts, Energy Plans Examiners, LEED APs, Green Raters, GreenPoint Raters, LEED QADs, and Certified Building Commissioning Professionals. With over 50 years of combined experience, our organization is structured to challenge the status quo, integrate new technology, and guide design and building teams toward achieving more sustainable built environments. It is Green Dinosaurʼs mission and role to challenge the design and construction industry to do better. If you are looking for an organization that continues to push the boundaries of sustainability then Green Dinosaur is your fit.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org