Website Green Dinosaur Inc
$75,000 to $100,000 Starting Salary + Benefits
Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Green Dinosaur is searching for a Sustainability Commissioning Engineer to join our team in the West Coast Market!
You are technical-minded with building science knowledge ready to grow in 3 key areas: Sustainability Consulting, Energy Modeling, and Site Verifications. You enjoy interfacing your diverse skill sets in the design and construction industry and making a positive difference in a mission-driven entrepreneurial culture.
You are passionate about the environment and are not afraid to challenge yourself and the status quo for continuous improvement and learning. You are a self-starter who is driven by excellence and can drive project teams to the finish line. You are generous in mentoring others knowing when one person grows on the team, everyone benefits.
This position is for our Culver City Office or San Diego Office.
- Licensed P.E. (CA+ WA license, preferred).
- Hold a commissioning credential from a recognized industry agency such as BCxA, AEE, or ASHRAE.
- 5+ years of experience in building industry with relevant A/E experience.
- 2-5 years of experience on projects seeking LEED, WELL, and/or Living Building Challenge (LBC) certification.
- Bachelor’s / AsExperience in MEP/renewable energy design, evaluation, construction, and building operations.
- Technical knowledge of mechanical, electrical, plumbing system design and operation is required along with building physics principles.
- Experience testing or validating MEP/renewable energy systems.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (this role requires a heavy amount of writing, documentation, and client interaction)
- Willingness to travel – Primarily within Southern California. Vehicle transportation, valid driverʼs license, and insurance required.
- Ability to climb ladders/stairs and to lift and carry loads more than 20 lbs. Able to be on a job site for extended periods of time (8-10 hours).
- Proficient in Energy Pro 8 or IES energy modeling software, Microsoft Word, Excel, Smartsheet, and G Suite.
- Must be able to work with personnel from an array of professions and backgrounds, including building owners, operators, contractors, engineers, and architects.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Hold Credentials relating to sustainability and building energy management such as Certified Energy Manager (CEM), Certified Energy Auditor (CEA), LEED AP, and WELL AP.
- Knowledge of CALGreen, Title 24, and ASHRAE standards highly desired.
- Experience in measurement and verification (M&V) implementation, performing ASHRAE building audits, ongoing commissioning, monitoring-based commissioning, envelope commissioning, and performing energy savings and cost analyses of energy efficiency measures.
What We Provide:
- A small company culture with a large firm portfolio and a high potential for growth.
- A diverse group of like-minded individuals who are eager to share, learn and grow with one another.
- Flexibility in work hours and locations.
- Pet-friendly work environment.
- Employee ownership potential.
- Company Paid Volunteering Hours.
- Continuing Education Reimbursement.
- Simple IRA with an annual matching contribution.
- Comprehensive benefits package (dental, life, medical, and vision)
- The base of 2+ weeks accrued Paid Time Off annually plus 10 days of regular holidays observed.
- Anticipated salary range: $75-100K starting (based on experience).
About Green Dinosaur, Inc.
Green Dinosaur, Inc. was founded in 2007 on the premise of providing great people with exciting opportunities to affect change within the built environment. The firm offers full-service green building solutions including green building rating system consulting, energy analysis, commissioning, retro-commissioning, utility incentive program/ tax credit guidance, and engineering. The professionals at Green Dinosaur offer the broadest array of industry credentials and technical skill sets. The crew consists of Professional Engineers, Registered Architects, Certified Energy Managers, HERS Raters, Energy Analysts, Energy Plans Examiners, LEED APs, Green Raters, GreenPoint Raters, LEED QADs, and Certified Building Commissioning Professionals. With over 50 years of combined experience, our organization is structured to challenge the status quo, integrate new technology, and guide design and building teams toward achieving more sustainable built environments. It is Green Dinosaurʼs mission and role to challenge the design and construction industry to do better. If you are looking for an organization that continues to push the boundaries of sustainability then Green Dinosaur is your fit.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com