Website Green Dinosaur Inc
3 Month Internship with the potential of Full-Time Position
Green Dinosaur is searching for an entry-level sustainability-minded superstar to join our team in the West Coast Market!
You are a new college grad with a degree in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or Architecture Engineering, with 0-1 year(s) of professional experience in a related field. You are passionate about the natural and built environment and are not afraid to challenge yourself and the status quo for continuous improvement and learning. You are a self-starter who is driven by excellence and has demonstrated strong abilities to work independently as well as being a great team player.
This position will start out as a 3 month paid internship with an hourly wage, where you will receive hands-on training and mentorship from our dynamic team members gaining exposure to many aspects of sustainability consulting.
At the end of 3 months, we will evaluate the fit and based on the results of the evaluation, extend a full-time position offer with a generous benefits package – details listed below with an asterisk.
This position is for our Culver City Office or San Diego Office.
What We Provide:
- A small company culture with a large firm portfolio and a high potential for growth.
- A diverse group of like-minded individuals who are eager to share, learn and grow with one another.
- Flexibility in work hours and locations.
- Pet-friendly work environment.
- Employee ownership potential.*
- Company Paid Volunteering Hours.*
- Continuing Education Reimbursement.*
- Simple IRA with an annual matching contribution.*
- Comprehensive benefits package (dental, life, medical, and vision)*
- The base of 2+ weeks accrued Paid Time Off annually plus 10 days of regular holidays observed.*
- The anticipated internship hourly wage is $15-19/hour pending on experience or qualification.
*indicates full-time position benefit.
- Bachelor’s Degree in architecture, environmental science, or engineering -OR- equivalent experience is required.
- Experience in reading and understanding architecture and/or mechanical drawing sets.
- Minimum of LEED GA certification at time of hire. LEED BD+C, or other specialty required within 6 months of full-time employment.
- Willingness to travel – Primarily within Southern California. Vehicle transportation, valid driverʼs license, and insurance required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as great graphic communication skills for putting together presentations or reports with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work proficiently with personnel from an array of professions and backgrounds, including building owners, operators, contractors, engineers, and architects.
- Ability to work independently and effectively close out tasks while maintaining a high level of excellence and efficiency. Must be able to prioritize and plan efficiently to drive projects to meet milestones and deadlines.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel, and G Suite.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Experience in Energy Pro 8 or IES energy modeling software.
- Proficient in Bluebeam Revu and Smartsheet.
- Experience in LEED, WELL, FitWel, Energy Star Projects or certification programs.
- Experience in producing architecture and/or mechanical drawing sets.
- Experience in building projects or site verification work.
- A demonstrated successful track record on managing projects and working with teams collaboratively.
Anticipated Internship Responsibilities
- Maintain a good understanding of project schedules.
- Effectively communicate and coordinate with internal and external team members as directed by project managers.
- Utilize Smartsheet Sustainability Action Plan to effectively track project progress both overseeing the projects you are assigned to and projects you are collaborating on.
- Assisting the development of management and tracking tools through smartsheet. Update Sustainability Action Plan references and links.
- Maintain current project information in an organized and repeatable manner using smartsheet and google drive.
- Contribute and support social media outreach and simple website updates for marketing purposes.
- Support Cx tasks as directed by CxA.
- Update Cx document/templates as directed.
- Participating in project site visits and testing as directed.
- Updating energy model inputs as directed by the project manager.
- Assist in reviews of plans, submittals, and other construction documents against project targets. Prepare exhibits and calculations to demonstrate project compliance.
- Support onsite HERS/Green rater diagnostic testing with internal Green/HERS Rater.
Instruction for application
Complete the application form at the link below and provide a resume, cover letter, and samples of work.
Equal Employment Opportunities
Green Dinosaur provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Green Dinosaur complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
About Green Dinosaur, Inc.
Green Dinosaur, Inc. was founded in 2007 on the premise of providing great people with exciting opportunities to affect change within the built environment. The firm offers full-service green building solutions including green building rating system consulting, energy analysis, commissioning, retro-commissioning, utility incentive program/ tax credit guidance, and engineering. The professionals at Green Dinosaur offer the broadest array of industry credentials and technical skill sets. The crew consists of Professional Engineers, Registered Architects, Certified Energy Managers, HERS Raters, Energy Analysts, Energy Plans Examiners, LEED APs, Green Raters, GreenPoint Raters, LEED QADs, and Certified Building Commissioning Professionals. With over 50 years of combined experience, our organization is structured to challenge the status quo, integrate new technology, and guide design and building teams toward achieving more sustainable built environments. It is Green Dinosaurʼs mission and role to challenge the design and construction industry to do better. If you are looking for an organization that continues to push the boundaries of sustainability then Green Dinosaur is your fit.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com